North Elementary serves Bixby students in the PK-3rd. North Elementary opened for PK-2nd in August of 2001. Grades three and four were added in August of 2002. Our newest part of North is the two story addition. We started using these new rooms in the 2005-2006 school year. North Elementary is like the movie "Field of Dreams," if you build it they will come. In fact so many came that fourth grade was moved next door to North Intermediate.
In addition to all the regular academic programs you will find at an elementary, we have added the NORTH STAR QUALITY PROGRAM. This is a program separate from the graded curriculum. It has three parts: (1) Facts Masters, (2) North Star Readers, and (3) North Star Citizens. This program has been very well received by both parents and students.
Bixby North Elementary School is dedicated to the philosophy that the school must provide an academically focused and stimulating environment which will enable each individual to achieve maximum progress.In addition, the school must provide a learning environment which will enable the students to relate and apply that which is learned to everyday living. The school must also provide experiences which will promote each individual's growth toward becoming a responsible, productive, and patriotic citizen of our democratic society.
- Develop self-esteem and pride in one's work.
- Help each child reach his/her potential by stimulating a desire to learn now and in the future.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain high expectations toward the mastery of basic skills.
- Reinforce the teaching of values, manners, and citizenship.
- Develop and strengthen problem-solving and coping skills.
- Encourage habits and interpersonal skills conducive to healthful and happy living.
- Build positive self-discipline.