Bixby Northeast Elementary & Intermediate
Bixby Northeast Elementary & Intermediate is a proud supporter of the Watch D.O.G.S (Dads of Great Students) program again this year. The goal of this program is to have dads (grandfathers, uncles, or other positive role models) volunteer one day at school a year. If you can come for only a half day, that will be great too! We are hoping to have a "dad" volunteer at the school every day this school year!
If you aren't familiar with the program, it is in over 32 states and 1000 schools. Dads volunteer at the school by helping with traffic control, assisting in classes, during lunch, and with special projects. Dads that participate find the program very rewarding. Having a positive role model is important for all students, but is especially important to those who do not have a strong father figure in their lives. Check out the Watch D.O.G.S. website for more information:
How to Become a BEST Volunteer or Watch D.O.G.S. at Northest Elementary & Intermediate
Attend a BEST Training session -- This will take approximately 45 minutes. At this meeting you will fill out a background check and confidentiality form. (You will need to know the addresses of your last 7 years of residency for the background check.)
Please sign up for Watch D.O.G.S. - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/KPCf92
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.
- I don't know if my BEST training is current. How do I find out?
Please call or email Jamie Webb at BNEEI office. (918) 366-1711
- I was unable to make the BEST training. When are the next BEST training events? Please call or email Jamie Webb at BNEEI office. (918) 366-1711
- My schedule has changed and I won't be able to make the date that I signed up for on the calendar?
Go online and cancel your assignment. If it you have to cancel within a week of your scheduled time please call or email Jamie Webb at BNEEI office (918) 366-1711 so she can make the adjustments to her calendar.
Thank you all for your willingness to volunteer at our school! If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me.