Hi! Ashley Bayouth (Prek-4th) and Kendra Graham (5th & 6th), are the school counselors at Northeast Elementary and Intermediate. We are pleased to share with you the many wonderful programs available to your student.
As your school counselors, we are dedicated to ensuring that your child has every opportunity to succeed in a safe, nurturing environment. Our goal is that your child will be enriched intellectually, emotionally, and socially so that they will become productive citizens and life-long learners.
We understand that every child is unique, which is why we offer a variety of services to meet every child's needs. We serve our student body by presenting guidance lessons in K-6 classrooms on a regular basis. Some of the topics we present throughout the year include: Great Expectations: 8 Expectations, character education, school and community safety, healthy choices, coping/resiliency skills, impulse control skills, school success, and career exploration.
We see students for counseling services individually and in small groups.
Once per month 5th grade students have the opportunity to sign up for Career Café. This is a program in which we invite a member of the community to come during the student's lunch time and discuss his/her career journey with the students. This program has been very successful.
Career Cafe is an opportunity for fifth grade students to learn about careers from individuals in their community. It is held once per month for students during their lunch time. Students sign up to hear a speaker based on their own interests.
Speakers share their career journey with students including;
- How they became interested in their current field?
- What education/training they need to perform their career?
- What they do in a typical day?
- And offer advice to students considering a job in their field.
Speakers are encouraged to bring props, actual items they use in their jobs, and or giveaways with their company's logo. The last five minutes of Career Café will be used for student questions.
If you would like more information about Career Café or would like to sign up to come speak to a group of students please contact Ms. Graham at email@example.com or Mrs. Bayouth at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 918.366.1719.
Great Expectations is a research based teaching model that emphasizes strong character with academic rigor. The 8 Expectations for Living helps facilitate each student and faculty member to accomplish this life-long goal of learning and good character.
8 Expectations for Living
- We will value one another as unique and special individuals.
- We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or putdowns.
- We will use good manners, saying "please", "thank you", and "excuse me" and allow others to go first.
- We will cheer each other to success.
- We will help one another whenever possible.
- We will recognize every effort and applaud it.
- We will encourage each other to do our best.
- We will practice virtuous living, using the Life Principles