Bixby offers a proactive and comprehensive counseling program which focuses on Great Expectations for all students. The role of the school counselor involves: leading classroom guidance lessons on such topics as bullying, character education and safe and healthy schools.
The guidance and counseling program at North Elementary provides a quality educational opportunity for all students while following the principles of Great Expectations.
The Eight Expectations for Living:
- We will value one another as unique and special individuals.
- We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or putdowns.
- We will use good manners.
- We will cheer each others success.
- We will help one another whenever possible.
- We will recognize every effort and applaud it.
- We will encourage each other to do our best.
- We will practice virtuous living using the Life Principles.
Adventures With Flip
A Super Hero In Training
Flip is my counseling friend who looks for students following the Great Expectations procedures. Flip loves to take selfies of himself finding great examples of clean desks, organized classrooms, students using hallway procedures and following the rules in the cafeteria.
Random Acts of Kindness Day
Self-Care Tip: Ge Grateful
February is the perfect month to start a gratitude journal. How is that self-care? Surveys have shown that grateful people experience fewer aches and pains and they report feeling healthier than other people.
You can find additional information at The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation. email@example.com
Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. Princess Diana