Middle School Nurse
- Remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds frequently throughout the day!
- Cough into your elbow instead of your hands!
- Fist bumps instead of hand shakes may help prevent transmission of illness.
- Stay home if your fever is 100 degrees or greater and do not return to school until you are fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- Stay home if you are vomiting and do not return to school until you have been vomit free for 24 hours.
- Remember to get a doctor's note if you visit the doctor and turn it in at the attendance office.
"You can't educate a child who isn't healthy and you can't keep a child healthy who isn't educated."(Dr. M. Jocelyn Elders)
Our goal is to optimize the physical and emotional health of BPS students and staff which will help them to perform at their full potential.
- If it is necessary for a student to bring prescription or non-prescription medicines to school, a Parental Authorization to Administer Medication form must be filled out and signed to be kept along with the medicines in the nurses office. The forms are available in the Nurse office. Medications, both prescription and nonprescription, must be brought to school in their original containers with the proper labeling and your students name on the container. If your student takes medicine daily, please contact me at 366-2352 or 366-2201
- Every student will have an opportunity to have their vision screened by Prevent Blindness Oklahoma. The parents will be notified when this is scheduled.
- Each year Middle School students will be screened for Scoliosis (abnormal curvature of the spine)and parents will be notified if further evaluation is necessary.
- HIV/AIDS education will be offered and parents will receive notification and an option to review the education before it is presented.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at 366-2352 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Nurse
I have worked for Bixby Public Schools for 7 years and love taking care of your children. I enjoy working with staff, parents and students to keep the students healthy and focused on their education.
I have a wonderful and husband and two daughters who have also attended Bixby Schools. Our oldest is now in college and our youngest is now in high school. I can't believe they are growing up so fast. The Bixby community and school district have been a wonderful place to raise our children.