Free Application For Student Aid: www.fafsa.ed.gov
Many colleges and private scholarships require the FAFSA to be completed before a student will be considered for their grants and/or scholarships.
|The FAFSA is Here!|
|The 2019-20 FAFSA is here! Here are a few tips. This year students can access the FAFSA by visiting FAFSA.gov or by using the NEW myStudentAid mobile app. The FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after Oct. 1 to ensure priority consideration for some types of financial aid. It’s best to gather all necessary materials before starting the FAFSA. Since the 2019-20 FAFSA allows applicants to use 2017 tax information, families can use their 2017 return to complete the application right away! There's no need to wait.To complete and submit the FAFSA online, students and one of their parents/guardians will each need to create a FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) at FSAID.ed.gov. This username/password serves as an electronic signature on the FAFSA and certain student loan applications, and allows them to access other federal student aid websites. It’s beneficial for families to create their FSA IDs before starting the FAFSA to speed up the application process. Visit UCanGo2.org to download an FSA ID Worksheet (in English and Spanish) to keep track of your information.|
For more information and FAFSA resources, including educational tools and tutorial videos in English and Spanish, visit StartWithFAFSA.org.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Resources:
The following links are great sources of information. Search for scholarships, find tips for completing applications, writing scholarship essays, and much more.
- Bixby Educational Endowment Foundation/BEEF
- Five Steps to Kickstart Your Application Essay
Scholarships for Students with Disabilities:
Highland Community College Athletic Trainer Scholarships
Highland Community College is located in Highland, Kansas and offers a scholarship equivalent to book rental and tuition each semester for students interested in the Athletic Training field. HCC offers a two year pre-athletic training program that introduces students to Athletic Training as a career. Student Athletic Trainers gain valuable experience working with all of our college athletes as soon as they arrive on campus. Our program prepares students to pursue a degree in Athletic Training or other medical related career fields at a four year university.
Please share this information with juniors and seniors that may be interested in this exciting scholarship opportunity. Our Student Athletic Trainer Questionnaire can be found online at: https://scottieathletics.com/
sb_output.aspx?form=19for prospective students. We also encourage students to schedule a campus visit or apply to HCC online at www.highlandcc.edu.
Jackie Robinson Foundation & TheDream.US Scholarships
The Jackie Robinson Foundation and TheDream.US partner with the College Board to increase scholarship opportunities for eligible students who’ve taken the PSAT/NMSQT® or PSAT™ 10.
No one succeeds in college alone. That’s why the Jackie Robinson Foundationoffers promising minority students a generous four-year grant to assist with college costs as well as a support network of fellow scholars, alumni, and professional mentors to help them excel in college and beyond.
The application deadline is February 1, 2019, so please encourage eligible students to apply right away.
TheDream.US, the nation’s largest college access program for immigrant youth who are DACA, TPS, or DACA-eligible, opened its new round of scholarship applications for the 2019-20 academic year on November 1, 2018. TheDream.US has provided more than 4,000 scholarships to students who are attending one of the more than 75 colleges and universities in 15 states and Washington, D.C.
The application deadline for the Opportunity Scholarship Award, which provides scholarships up to $80,000 for first-time college students, is January 31, 2019. The application deadline for the National Scholarship Award, which offers scholarships up to $33,000 for high school or first-time college students and community college graduates, is February 28, 2019. Visit TheDream.Us for more information on eligibility, how to apply, and FAQs.
OU Crimson Commitment
The University of Oklahoma is excited to announce our newest program to help make OU more affordable, Crimson Commitment. Crimson Commitment guarantees scholarships and grants to pay for tuition and average fees for an OU student who qualifies and receives Oklahoma's Promise.
“Crimson Commitment will provide Oklahoma Promise students with a path to achieve their goal of an OU degree,” said Brad Burnett, Associate Vice President for Enrollment and Student Financial Services. “We are excited to offer more resources to qualifying Oklahomans, including both our current and prospective students."
To qualify for Crimson Commitment for the 2019-20 school year, students must:
- Qualify fully for Oklahoma's Promise
- Apply to OU by the Feb. 1 deadline
- Be admitted to OU as a direct from high school, first-time, full-time freshman
- Complete a FAFSA by Mar. 1 of their high school senior year
- Be enrolled as a full-time student each semester
* No separate application is needed for Crimson Commitment as long as the student applies and receives Oklahoma's Promise, and applies to OU by Feb. 1. This new program will replace Sooner Promise. Tuition and fees will vary based on a student's major. Please check the OU Bursar website for exact course fees.
Click below to learn more about Crimson Commitment. If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact your OU admissions counselor, Samuel Kiehl, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NHS Scholarship application opens October 1! This year, 600 of the most outstanding NHS seniors will be selected for $2 million in funding, with one national winner receiving a $25,000 scholarship.
- October 1: Applications open
- November 30: One week until student application deadline
- December 7: Deadline for applications
- December 14: Deadline for recommendations
A recommendation from your principal, adviser, and additional faculty member is required for each application (all recommendations submitted online).
- Student profile forms are in the counseling office. Please complete one of these to assist with recommendation letters.
**TCC Foundation Scholarship opportunities open Dec 1st. There are 60 available. You can find these on the TCC website.
Northeastern State University
You will find all scholarships here: https://scholarships.nsuok.edu/ under the freshman scholarship app tab. Then there will be three you can apply for. Another reminder that in order to be awarded, students must have been admitted to the university by the scholarship deadline. FYI- You will need to complete each application in one sitting, as there is not a "save now, return later" button.
Early Freshman Scholarship Deadline: December 1st, 2018
Honors Scholarship Deadline: February 1st, 2019
Leadership Scholarship Deadline: February 1st, 2019
Freshman Scholarship Deadline: March 1st, 2019
Links to Specific Scholarships:
- American Legion National High School Oratorical Contest - www.legion.org
- Axa Achievement Scholarship - www.axa-achievement.com
- Burger King Scholars Program - www.bkmclamorefoundation.org
- Catching the Dream - varied scholarships for Native American students -www.catchingthedream.org
- Christian Ministers Alliance Inc - All inquiries may be emailed to email@example.com. Application is available in the counseling office.
- Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway - submit a video about your one of a kind story to -www.drpepper.com.
- Duck Tape Stuck at Prom Scholarship - awards for prom outfits made exclusively out of Duck tape - www.stuckatprom.com/
- East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative - www.ecoec.com/content/operation-round-1
- Elks National Foundation, Inc Scholarships - scholarships to a total of 500 students nationwide through its "Most Valuable Student" scholarship contest. Deadline is soon- November 15th, 2019 - www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/MVS.cfm
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha Foundation Scholarship Program - Non-profit foundation pledged to develop philanthropic activities of volunteers - www.epsilonsigmaalpha.org
- Gates Millennium Scholars - minority students who will go to an accredited college/university, demonstrate leadership through community service or other activities, and have financial need based on Federal guidelines - www.gmsp.org
- George C. Brooks - Named after Financial Aid Director George C. Brooks this scholarship is designed to enhance recruitment and retention of students from racial or ethnic groups that are underrepresented in relation to the university's goal to achieve educational benefits of a diverse student body. This scholarship will provide $7500.00 for non-residents of Missouri plus waive the out of state fees. approx $15,000 total. Renewable for 3 additional years. scholarships.missouri.edu
- Gordon A. Rich Memorial Foundation Scholarship - for students whose parents/guardians work in the financial services industry - www.gordonrich.org
- Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship - students who will obtain a degree in petroleum engineering - www.spe.org/scholarships/archie.php
- Jimmie Dean Scholarship - Must be graduating from OK high school and plan to attend an Oklahoma college or university - www.jimmiedeanfoundation.org
- John F. Kennedy Profiles in Courage Essay Contest -www.jfklibrary.org/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest.aspx
- John Starks 3 Point Scholarship - www.johnstarks.com
- Junior League of Tulsa - www.jltulsa.org/?nd=schlrshp
- Kappa Kappa Iota - For students interested in pursuing an Education degree. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out current scholarship availability.
- McKelvey Foundation Entrepreneurial Scholarships - www.mckelveyfoundation.org
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - scholarships for those with multiple sclerosis, or anyone who is a child of someone with multiple sclerosis and will be attending an accredited postsecondary school for the first time. www.nationalMSsociety.org/scholarship
- Music Auditions/Scholarships for Pittsburg State University - Any student regardless of academic major may audition for a scholarship - www.pittstate.edu/department/music
- NHS Scholarship Program - NHS seniors in good standing are eligible to be nominated by their chapters to compete in the NHS Scholarship Program -www.nhs.us/students/the-nhs-scholarship/
- NROTC Navy Scholarship Program - When you graduate, you enter the Navy as a commissioned officer - www.nrotc.navy.mil/apply.html but if interested, talk to your counselor as well.
- Nursing Schools Almanac - This scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs - www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com Click the banner on the right-hand side of the website's homepage to find detailed scholarship information and the official application form.
- OK College Start -www.secure.okcollegestart.org/Home/Educators/Scholarship_Corner.aspx
- Oklahoma Engineering Foundation - scholarships to incoming freshman at Oklahoma Universities studying Engineering - www.oef.org
- Oklahoma Heritage Assoc. Competition - www.oklahomaheritage.com
- Oklahoma Junior Chamber International - www.jayceefoundationofok.org/applications.htm
- Optimist International Oratorical Contest - www.optimist.org/member/scholarships4.cfm?
- OSU Spears College Of Business - Numerous scholarships for freshmen. Students must select "Business" as your college choice on the OSU admissions application -www.spears.okstate.edu/undergraduate/scholarships/freshmen
- OSU Valedictorian Scholarship - available to the Valedictorians of the BHS graduating senior class - www.financialaid.okstate.edu
- OU Club of Tulsa - www.oucluboftulsa.com/scholarships/
- Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundations Scholarship - students pursuing a career in graphic communications - www.pgsf.org/about/
- Questbridge Scholarship - The QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship levels the playing field of college admissions. It equips outstanding low-income juniors with the knowledge necessary to compete for admission to the nation's most selective colleges - www.questbridge.org/
- Seabee Memorial Scholarship - Must be US citizen, child or grandchild of a current, honorably discharged, deceased or enlisted member of Naval Construction FORCE (Seabees) or Navy CEC (Civil Engineers Corps.) - www.seabee.org
- SEG Foundation Scholarship - Student must have a career/major interest in physics, math, or geology/earth sciences -https://seg.org/Scholarships
- SIXT Rent A Car - Annual Scholarship available to 5 students, $5000 toward their study at an accredited 2 or 4-year college. To learn more- www.sixt.com/sixt-scholars/
- Society of Petroleum Engineers - Tulsa area residents pursuing petroleum engineering degrees at an Oklahoma university. www.spemc.org.
- Society of Women Engineers - various scholarships for eligible female students interested in pursuing degrees in engineering. www.swe.org
- Sons of The American Revolution - available for all BSA Scouts that have achieved the rank of Eagle Scout - www.sar.org
- Student -View Scholarship Program - $11,000 worth of scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend a four-year Community/Junior /Career school- No Min SAT/ACT - just log on to www.student-view.com and complete a 15-20 min application survey about colleges in your area. The scholarship will be awarded via a random drawing of all completed applications.
- Trimble Strong Foundation Scholarship - https://www.trimblestrong.org/
- Tulsa Engineering Foundation, Inc - scholarships for students planning to study an accredited engineering curriculum - www.tulsaengineer.org
- Tulsa Post Society of American Military Engineers - http://www.sametulsa.org/scholarship.html
- UCanGo2 - www.ucango2.org/scholarships/deadline.html#09
- The Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship - scholarships to graduating seniors who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools or communities - http://www.vrg.org/student/scholar.htm
- WACE National CO-OP Scholarship Program - www.waceinc.org
Oklahoma Tribal Scholarship Websites:
- www.muscogeenation-nsn.gov (Creek)
Academic Common Market Program:
This program among Southern states (the Southern Regional Education Board) allows students to pay in-state tuition rates at a non-Oklahoma college or university while studying in select programs not available at Oklahoma public institutions. www.sreb.org/page/1304/academic_common_market.html
Students who need a letter of recommendation from a counselor should first fill out a Student Profile (available in the counseling office). After filling out the Student Profile, students should give his/her counselor detailed information as to what is required for the letter of recommendation and where to send the letter once it is completed. Please allow at least 2 weeks for letters of recommendation. During busy times of the year in the counseling office, turn-around time may be 2-3 weeks. Failure to provide adequate information will delay the process considerably.