Welcome to the Central Elementary Media Center Web Site
The Media Center is delighted to be a part of your child's curriculum. Here are a few guidelines for using the Media Center:
- Students will come to the Media Center once a week.
- 1st-3rd grade may have 2 books checked out at a time. Kindergarten may have 1 book checked out.
- Books are due one week from the date checked out. If a student needs to keep the book longer, they must bring it back to the Media Center to recheck it. Books must be rechecked weekly.
- Overdue notices will be sent home around report card time.
- Payment is expected for lost or damaged books. Money will be refunded if book is returned within 30 days. Please Note: We do NOT accept replacements. Books are purchased from specialty companies that provide library bound books.
Mrs. Vicki Heister - Library Media Specialist
Scholastic Book Fair
Thank you Bixby families for supporting the bookfair.
The Library receives 25%-30% of sales.
The money is used to buy more books, listening centers & headphones for classrooms, and specialty supplies.
Shop online by clicking on the link below.
Central Elementary Bookfair
Information published by Oklahoma's Historical Society and the Oklahoma State University Library Electronic Publishing Center.
To find a famous Oklahoman:
- Click on the words "Famous Oklahoman's" in red above.
- Click on the letter of the person's last name.
Students: Please remember you MUST site the web site address when you use these sources. You are stealing someone else's ideas (plagiarism) when you don't give proper credit.
Read Across America
Events Schedule to be determined February, 2018
Minutes That Matter Winners
Class with the most minutes for each grade level.